Dear German Expats: What if I tell you that you can access RTL’s TVNow anywhere in the world?
Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland, also known as RTL, has a super versatile streaming platform called TVNow. The streaming platform gives access to 10 RTL channels, including RTL, RTL2, VoxNow, N-TV, RTLplus, and NowUS (The American series channel).
TVNow.de is a pretty cool streaming platform, and it’s very affordable. At a monthly fee of €2.99, it’s one of the cheaper streaming platforms out there. The subscription can also be canceled monthly, and the first 30 days are free! However, you can’t access it unless you have a German IP, which can be easily solved by using a VPN!
Why Should You Use a VPN?
Alternative question: Why aren’t you already using a VPN?!
We use the internet for everything. You can order food, shop, work on your bank account, watch your favorite shows, talk to a friend from across the globe all at the same time! That means that you should also be looking out for your online privacy while this is happening.
Cybersecurity is a big deal, and most people don’t really think about that until after they’ve been hacked. Why put yourself through that trouble?
A VPN creates, in a way, a private network for your traffic. It re-routes your traffic through a tunnel, which hides it from any prying eyes. A VPN also encrypts your data, making it very very VERY difficult for someone to access it.
Another awesome thing that a VPN does? It spoofs your IP. A VPN connection helps you unblock geo-restricted sites easily, all you have to do is a pick the right server to connect to. In the case of TVNow.de, you’d pick a German server and get instant access to the sites and apps restricted outside of Germany.
Best VPN for Unblocking TVNow
Our top pick (and my personal favorite) is ExpressVPN. Now, I know it has a reputation of being a pricey VPN provider, however, the service you get and features it offers go above and beyond in making every penny count.
In all seriousness, ExpressVPN has a long list of features and functionalities that make the online lives of its users a lot simpler. They include:
- 5 Star 24/7 Customer Support services. The team is very friendly and patient. I have yet to encounter a problem that they haven’t solved on the spot.
- Over 2000 servers in more than 94 countries. You can spoof your IP to unblock geo-restricted content from countries like Germany and the US, and connect to servers with less traffic for faster download speeds when gaming.
- 256-bit encryptions for your data (Take that, data thieves!)
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. This way, you can test it out for up to a month before deciding if you want to commit to it or not.
How to Unblock TVNow.DE Outside Germany
To Unblock TVNow.de using ExpressVPN, take the following steps:
- Go to ExpressVPN’s website and sign-up with the service.
- Pick the device you want to stream TVNow.de off of and download the app that suits the device. Don’t worry, ExpressVPN has an app for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast.
- Launch the app and sign in using your ExpressVPN credentials.
- Connect to one of the several German servers available.
- Wait for the connection to be established, then go to TVNow.de and stream to your heart’s delight!
In case ExpressVPN isn’t the VPN you want to go with, you can check out our top picks below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
TVNow – Channel List
As RTL’s streaming platform, TVNow.de gives you access to 10 channels:
- RTL II
- Super RTL
- Toggo Plus
TVNow.de – Final Thoughts
One of the things I find incredibly annoying when I travel abroad is losing access to the content that I watch on a daily basis. When I discovered VPNs and IP spoofing, I never once had to worry about feeling homesick for my programs again.