If you own an Apple TV and live outside the USA, you might have noticed that your Netflix library is not the library you’ve long expected. That’s because your Netflix library shows 10 times less content than the American Netflix library.
Now, what could be a better addition to your Apple TV than streaming US Netflix on it? While you might think that American Nexflix is inaccessible outside the US, you are wrong. You can make use of two ways to get American Netflix on your Apple TV abroad, and I’ll tell you all about these two tools below.
In this article, I will explain to you how you can change your Netflix region to get the US version streaming on your Apple TV.
Watch American Netflix on Apple TV
Watch American Netflix on Apple TV – The Intro
To get Netflix US, you can change your iTunes account to the USA. What you need to do is the following:
- Go to Settings > General > iTunes Store > Location.
- Now, change your location to the USA.
- Access and stream Netflix US anywhere.
Now, if your Netflix’s library is limited in its content, you can make use of a VPN or Smart DNS. So, if you choose to change your entire Apple TV iTunes location to the USA, you will gain access to some of the following channels listed below:
- History Channel
- WWE Network
- HBO Go
- Watch ABC
- Disney Channel
How to Get American Netflix on Apple TV Abroad
Follow these instructions to change your Netflix region to the USA on Apple TV:
- Find a VPN service provider worth of your subscription.
- Get the VPN application on your PC, Mac, Android, iOS device.
- Start the VPN application, and then sign in.
- Now, search the list of servers for an American one.
- Connect to an American server of your choice.
- Finally, visit the Netflix website or access the Netflix application.
- You now can stream Netflix US on Apple TV.
Best VPN for Netflix US on Apple TV
ExpressVPN covers all the basics from speed to security. Its unblocking capabilities are unmatched and can get you any content you want regardless of your geolocation. ExpressVPN will refund your money without asking any questions within 30 days.
The provider offers an impressive number of servers strategically spread out locations. Its fast server speeds and reliable reputation with Netflix make this a provider worthy of consideration. ExpressVPN isn’t as expensive as it seems. The level of services that ExpressVPN provides proves that your money is not going to waste.
Should you want to examine other options, this table will help you through your VPN search.
Last Updated Today
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
Watch American Netflix on Apple TV – The VPN Way
A VPN, Virtual Private Network is not supported by Apple TV, meaning you cannot directly configure it on your Apple device. If you want to apply the VPN method, you need to have VPN enabled routers; a good example would be the DD-WRT. Now, if you don’t know what that means, move on to the Smart DNS option below. In case you do know what I’m talking about, here’s more about a VPN.
- You can easily install and use a VPN on significant devices like “iPhone, iPod, Ipad, Android, Mac, and PC.”
- The software is robust and resistant to ISP limitations and inspections.
- A VPN grants you high levels of privacy and security due to full traffic encryption.
If you choose to go through with this, you have to configure your router with the VPN setup. The process varies from one provider to the other. So, read the documents and contact their support if needed. All in all, it should not take more than 10 minutes. The good thing is that once that is done, you don’t need to make any further changes to your Apple TV.
Netflix US on Apple TV – The DNS Way
Setting up a SmartDNS is as easy as counting to ten. All you have to do is make changes to your DNS IP addresses, and you are all set. Want to do what else a Smart DNS proxy can offer? Read the list below.
- A foolproof setup that supports the majority of devices available on the market.
- You can easily switch between Netflix regions without changing your device setup.
- No bandwidth penalty as only a small subset of your bandwidth flow is re-routed.
- One disadvantage of a Smart DNS is that it is easily affected by ISP restrictions such as transparent Proxies and DNS hijacking.
If you are in the market for a reliable Smart DNS provider, you might want to check out Unlocator. This provider offers over 200 channels, a 7-day free trial, and the highest DNS speeds in the industry. You can’t go wrong with this one.
American Netflix on Apple TV outside the USA – Unblock, and Watch
The bottom line is whether you’re in Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Ireland, the UK, Brazil, Canada, Peru, Mexico, or the Netherlands, you can access and stream American Netflix. From personal experience, I can confidently recommend ExpressVPN.
So, if you’re interested in watching US Netflix on your Apple TV outside the US, you can either use a VPN or Smart DNS. I would love to know what you’ll decide on, so leave your picks in the comment section below.