Have you seen Game of Games or The Chase Australia? Don’t answer that. If you live outside Australia, you won’t be able to watch such content due to geo-restrictions. You see, Australia hosts a plethora of amazing channels like TenPlay, 9Now, Channel 7, SBS, and more. However, they’re all blocked outside the country. Yeah, I know, bummer, right? Since I’ve been through this before and found a way around it, I’m here to help you out with your issue. This is how you can watch Australian TV anywhere in the world.
How to Watch Australian TV Abroad Live Online
Australian TV Abroad 101
It’s simple, if you don’t have an Australian IP address, you’re not getting any Aussie TV at all. Streaming services can determine your location through your public IP. Once you try to stream these services’ content abroad, you’ll receive a geo-error message that blocks your access. Let’s take a look at some of them below:
- SBS: “SBS On Demand content is only available to stream within Australia due to publishing rights”
- 7Plus: “Sorry, video is only available within Australia due to licensing restrictions.”
- 9Now: “Sorry, 9Now is only available in Australia”.
- TenPlay: “This video is restricted from playing in your current region.”
This can all be circumvented with a robust internet tool called a VPN. It basically can help you relocate yourself and appear to be accessing the web from a different country. You can do so by connecting to a server located in the country you wish to appear in. Scroll a bit further to the south and find out how to do so.
How to Watch Australian TV Abroad with VPN
If you’re looking to unblock Australian channels, you have to connect to an Australian server. Now, this is where digital magic happens. Once you connect to an Aussie server, your real IP address will be cloaked. However, it’ll be replaced temporarily by an Australian one. As a result, any Australian channel will take on the impression that you’re within its area of coverage. Thus, you’ll have full access to its content. It’s really simple actually.
Let’s take a look at how you can stream Australian TV abroad in this step by step walkthrough:
- To start the process, you need to pick a credible VPN and sign up to their service. If you want my opinion, you should try ExpressVPN out.
- Once you settle for a VPN, download and install their application on the device you wish to stream Australian TV on. You’ll find apps for Android, iOS, PC, Mac, and Fire Stick.
- Now, log in with your VPN credentials and connect to an Australian server.
- After that, you’ll obtain an Australian IP address. You check it using this IP verifier.
- If the connection was established, you can stream Australian TV no matter where you are.
If you wish to stream Australian TV overseas without a hit, I recommend using ExpressVPN for the job. That’s basically because they offer a 30-day money back guarantee and the latest technologies in security and privacy. ExpressVPN isn’t good enough for you? I’ve also reviewed other top VPNs for Australia. Check them out below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
How to Stream Australian TV Overseas with Smart DNS Proxies
A VPN is not doing it for you? Don’t dwell, there’s always an alternative. Smart DNS Proxy is a different approach to bypass regional restrictions anywhere in the world.
This one doesn’t hide your IP address, it stays intact. It changes the URLs responsible for pinpointing your location. That way, you’ll trick the channel into thinking that you’re within its region. As a result, you can watch Australian TV wherever you are.
By keeping your IP address shown, you won’t get that extra privacy a VPN grants you. However, you can still operate your local channels at will while watching Australian TV.
Furthermore, Smart DNS doesn’t encrypt your data, so no added security here. But still, you get to stream your content without suffering from internet connection drops.
Remember, Smart DNS is to bypass geo-restrictions only. If you want protection, settle for a VPN. As for now, here’s how to unblock Australian TV abroad with Smart DNS:
- Choose a reputable provider such as Unlocator. They offer a 7-day trial, so sign up for their service.
- Smart DNS should be configured on your device. Therefore, follow these setup guides based on the platform you’re using.
- Once configured, launch the channel’s website or application.
- Stream Australian TV anywhere in the world.
Unlocator can be easily set up on your device without having to resort to extra software. Once you’re all done, you can watch the likes of SBS, ABC iView, and Stan anywhere.
Best Australian TV Channels to Watch Abroad
Don’t know what Australia has to offer in terms of online streaming? Here are the top channels you’ll be getting with a VPN or Smart DNS:
- ABC iView
- Australian Netflix
- Amazon Prime Australia
- Foxtel Now
- TenPlay (Channel 10)
- 9Now (Channel 9)
- Plus 7 (Channel 7)
Top Australian TV Shows
Here’s a list of the highest ranked Aussie TV series:
- Masterchef Australia
- My Kitchen Rules
- All-Star Family Feud
- I’m A Celebrity
- Ten Eyewitness News
- Game Of Games
- Australian Survivor
- House Rules
- The Block
- The Chase Australia
- Australia’s Got Talent
- 60 Minutes
- Love Island Australia
- The AFL Footy Show
- Australian Ninja Warrior
- Mystery Road: The Series
- The Bridge
- Filthy Rich and Homeless
- Date Line
- Berlin Station
How to Watch Australian Content Overseas Live Free Online
Whether it’s Masterchef Australia, 60 Minutes, Neighbours, Aussie Rules, NRL, or any other show that’s available Down Under, all you need is a service like ExpressVPN or Unlocator. With either one of these methods, you get to stream Aussie TV in the US, UK, Canada, and all around the world. Whatever question that might pop up, give me a shout out in the comment section below.