TVPlayer allows you to watch over 45 UK channels for free. The list includes BBC, itv, Channel 4, and Channel 5. To watch TVPlayer outside UK in USA, Australia, or Canada, you need to bypass geographic restrictions using Smart DNS or VPN. In this guide, you’ll find help and info about how these two methods allow you to access geoblocked channels like TVPlayer abroad.
How to unblock and watch TVPlayer abroad outside UK
Watch/Unblock TVPlayer abroad via Smart DNS Proxies
When you try to stream any channel via TVPlayer outside the UK, you’ll get this message “Sorry! You must be located in the United Kingdom to watch tv on TVPlayer.” This happens because TVPlayer simply looks at your IP address and is able to detect your location abroad. Since TVPlayer is not available overseas, you need to trick it into believing you’re located in the UK. Smart DNS makes this possible by masking your real location.
- Smart DNS allows you to access geoblocked content from the UK and other countries simultaneously. Therefore, you can unblock TVPlayer and US Netflix at the same time.
- Smart DNS works on all your streaming devices. Watch TVPlayer on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Kindle Fire.
- No Internet speed loss means you’ll be able to watch high-quality video using Smart DNS.
- Access to your local sites won’t be affected since Smart DNS doesn’t alter your local IP address.
- ISP policies like DNS Hijacking and Transparent Proxies can cripple Smart DNS. Not many ISPs actually use these methods but it would be better to check out yours doesn’t before you use Smart DNS.
Try Unlocator’s free 7-day trial if you want to watch TVPlayer for free. They do have 167 unblocked channels including TVPlayer and tutorial/videos to guide you through the whole setup process.
Watch/Unblock TVPlayer outside the UK via VPN
VPN is another method to unblock TVPlayer overseas. VPN sends all your traffic to a VPN server located in the UK. As a result, you’ll get a UK IP address. This process will slow down your Internet speed by about 10%.
- VPN is easy to install on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android. VPN providers usually provide you with apps that make the installation simple.
- If you want to use VPN to unblock streaming channels on devices other than those mentioned above, VPN needs to be set up on a compatible router first.
- A UK VPN server gives you the ability to stream all British Internet channels including TVPlayer, UK Netflix, BBC iPlayer, itv Player, and Now TV.
- No worries about ISP’s DNS Hijacking or Transparent Proxies. VPN is totally immune against both.
ExpressVPN do offer VPN apps for PC/Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android. If you want to use VPN, give them a try. They do have a 30-day money back guaranteed policy.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
How to Unblock and Watch TVPlayer outside the UK
The same process using Smart DNS or VPN to unblock TVPlayer can be used to unblock other UK channels. TVPlayer includes 45 free UK channels.
- BBC One
- BBC Two
- BBC Three
- BBC Four
- Food Network
- Travel Channel
- Fashion TV
- Demand 5
How to watch TVPlayer outside UK
That’s all you need to know about unblocking TVPlayer abroad. If you have any other question about how to unblock TVPlayer outside UK using Smart DNS or VPN, please let me know.