How to watch A&E outside USA? If you are a fan of TV shows such as Duck Dynasty, 60 Days in Atlanta, Nightwatch, or Intervention, Arts & Entertainment Network is a must-have channel. The only problem is that the popular streaming service is geoblocked in UK, Canada, Australia, France, and elsewhere outside USA. In this guide, I will show you how to use VPN or Smart DNS proxies to bypass regional restrictions. Thus, watch A&E on Android, iOS, Apple TV, Chromecast, PC, Mac, or Roku anywhere in the world.
Is A&E Available outside USA?
The free TV network is currently not available outside USA. This is probably due to licensing agreements which prohibit A&E Network from broadcasting its TV shows in other territories such as Canada, Spain, Italy, China, the United Kingdom, France, or Australia.
How to Unblock A&E outside USA with VPN?
When you try to stream any of the free TV show on A&E overseas, you get a geolocation error. In the background, the American streaming channel has detected that your IP address is non-US. In order to unblock any US channel abroad, you need an American IP address. You can get one by connecting to a US VPN server. Here’s what you need to do.
- Sign up with a VPN provider that has servers in the United States. Don’t use free VPNs as those don’t work and could even infect your device with malicious software or viruses.
- Now that you have created your VPN account, it’s time to download and install the VPN software on your streaming device. You can find those apps on the site of the VPN service you signed up with.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server located in the United States.
- You can now watch A&E, History Channel, Lifetime, FYI, or any other US channels you want.
I have tried several VPNs. ExpressVPN is the one that works best when it comes to accessing geo-restricted US channels abroad.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
Watch A&E outside US using Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS is another technique you can use to bypass geographic error. Even though it is not as popular as VPN, it does work quite efficiently. The main issue is that you can only unblock certain channels which the Smart DNS proxy service you are using supports. If you want to give Smart DNS a try to watch US channels in UK, Canada, or Australia, follow these steps.
- Sign up with a Smart DNS proxy service that supports unblock A&E outside USA.
- Configure Smart DNS on your streaming device. PC, Mac, Android, iOS, Roku, and Fire TV, and Apple TV are all supported.
- Go to the AETV website or use the channel’s app and sign in using your cable subscription.
- Watch A&E anywhere in the world.
Having tested quite a few Smart DNS proxy services, Unlocator was the one that actually allowed to access the A&E Network outside USA. They do have a 7-day trial you can take advantage of to try out their product.
A+E Channel Apps
- Windows PC
- Mac OSX
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV Box
- Fire Stick
How to Unblock A&E outside USA? The Bottom Line
So, instead of one workaround, you have two. You can either use ExpressVPN or Unlocator to catch-up with all your favorite American TV shows, regardless of where you currently live.