A couple of years ago, I got myself an Amazon Fire Stick just to see what the fuss is about. Well, it is true, this device is all that a streamer could ask for. However, it was very limited. The channels were geo-restricted to certain regions. Well, it wasn’t long until I found that VPNs like IPVanish can circumvent these geo-restrictions. Oh, by the way, IPVanish has created a dedicated VPN app for the Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick. So, in case you don’t know your way around, I will show you how you can easily install IPVanish on your FireStick.
How to Install IPVanish on Fire Stick – The Easy Way
IPVanish is the first VPN service provider to have a dedicated VPN app for the Amazon Fire TV and FireStick. Setting it all up is pretty straightforward. The VPN app itself is free, but you do need an IPVanish account to sign in.
- Turn on your Amazon Fire Stick.
- Head over to “Apps”. You’ll find it on the top left of the screen.
- Choose Categories and tap on Utility.
- Type IPVanish in the search engine.
- Tap on IPVanish once you see it.
- A “Get” button will appear. Click on it.
- Your download will start automatically. Once done, choose Open.
- Now, if you already signed up with IPVanish, log in with your credentials.
- Go to the server list and pick a VPN server according to what you’re looking for.
- Wait a few seconds for the connection to take place.
- Stream any app no matter what country it’s restricted to.
Have you ever heard of Kodi? It’s a robust streaming platform that can be installed on FireStick. If you don’t know how to get, follow this guide on how to install Kodi on FireStick and check it out. You’ll find it very beneficial as it allows you to access hundreds of streaming material. However, you might get tempted to use some unofficial add-ons, I’d stick to the ones that don’t encourage piracy.
How to Install IPVanish on FireStick – Alternative Method
Just in case you can locate the Utility section on your FireStick, you can use the search function instead. Simply type in ‘IPVanish VPN’ and the VPN app should show up. If that also fails, use the instructions below to install IPVanish VPN on Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV.
- First, launch your Fire Stick and head over to settings.
- Now, select ‘Device’ -> ‘Developer Options.’
- Enable “Allow Apps from Unkown Sources”.
- You need to download ES File Explorer. Use the Search Engine to find the app and hit get.
- After that, activate ES File Explorer and head over to Tools -> Download -> Manage.
- You’ll see a “+” sign in the bottom menu. Click on that and enter this path: https://thevpn.guru/ipvanish.apk.
- Tap on OK. You’ll be asked to submit a name, use IPVanish of course.
- Click on Download Now. Your file will start downloading in a few seconds.
- Next, install the IPVanish app on your FireStick.
- Go back to the Home Screen and launch IPVanish.
- Log in with your IPVanish account, pick a server, and hit connect.
Best VPN for Fire Stick
You have no idea what an Amazon Fire Stick can really do. That’s because you stick to the limitations the device offers in your region. Did you know that if you install a VPN on Fire Stick, you can unlock dozens of streaming channels from all over the world?
Not only that, but you can keep your identity hidden all the time while online. Yeah, IPVanish can help you do that with ease. Let me show you what installing IPVanish on your Fire Stick can do:
- Bypass Regional Restrictions: When you connect to a server in a certain country, you’ll obtain a temporary IP address in the region. As a result, you’ll be able to access exclusive online content in that territory. You get to watch the likes of HBO, ESPN, CBS, or Food Network.
- Get Better Internet Speed: Have you ever witnessed a sudden drop in your connection speed while watching videos? Yeah, that’s probably your ISP throttling your internet. Once you connect with a VPN, you get to circumvent this issue and watch channels on Fire Stick without buffering problems.
- Security and Privacy: A VPN enhances your privacy and security. It protects your data with military-grade encryptions and hides your IP address. You can roam the internet without being spied on by your ISP or government.
- Dedicated Apps: VPNs such as IPVanish have user-friendly apps, especially on Fire Stick. You don’t need to be tech-savvy to operate and connect. It’s just a few taps here and there.
I’ve come across dozens of VPN providers and IPVanish has always made it to the top of my list. They have fast servers, a no-logs policy, which is great to secure your privacy, and an amazing app for Fire Stick. Check out how this one ranks among other VPN giants for Fire Stick.Last Updated 2 Days Ago
How to Install IPVanish on Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV
There you have it guys. You now know how to install IPVanish on your Amazon Fire Stick. Setting IPVanish on your FireStick is not different at all from installing any other app on Amazon Fire TV. Just in case you do come across some problems, you can leave me a comment below and I’ll be more than happy help you out with your issue.