How to install IPVanish VPN on Kodi Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV? IPVanish is one of the world’s most popular VPN service providers. Literally hundreds of people around the world using IPVanish’s VPN apps on a daily basis to bypass regional restrictions and protect their online privacy. With that in mind, IPVanish’s apps are user-friendly. Unlike most VPNs, IPVanish have created a dedicated VPN app for the Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick. In the guide below, I will show you how you can easily install IPVanish on Kodi FireStick.
How to Install IPVanish on Kodi Fire Stick
How to Install IPVanish on Fire Stick – The Easy Way
IPVanish are the first VPN service provider to have a dedicated VPN app for the Amazon Fire TV and FireStick. Setting it all up is pretty straight forward. The VPN app itself is free, but you do need an IPVanish account to sign in.
- Launch your Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV.
- Go to ‘Apps’ at the top of your home screen.
Go to Apps
- Now select ‘Categories’ -> ‘Utility’.
- Choose the IPVanish VPN app.
Choose IPVanish App
- Next, Select the ‘Get’ button to download the app.
- Once it has downloaded and installed, choose ‘Open’.
- Then, sign into the VPN app using your IPVanish Username and Password.
Sign into the VPN App
- Finally, choose the VPN server location you wish to connect to.
Connect to VPN Server Location
- Once the VPN connection has been established, simply click the home button on your Fire Stick remote control.
- Now, launch your Kodi app. Just in case you haven’t installed Kodi 17.3 on Fire Stick, follow these steps.
How to Install IPVanish on FireStick – Alternative Method
Just in case you can locate the Utility section on your Amazon Fire TV or FireStick, you can use the search function instead. Simply type in ‘IPVanish VPN’ and the VPN app should show up. If that also fails, use the instructions below to install IPVanish VPN on Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV.
- On your Fire TV, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Device’ -> ‘Developer Options.’
- Turn on ‘Allow apps from unknown sources.’
- From the Amazon Fire Stick main menu, go to ‘Search.’
- Type ‘ES Explorer’.
- Click on the ES Explorer app icon to download and install it.
- Launch the ES Explorer app.
- From the ES Explorer menu, go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Download Manager’ in the left-hand menu.
- Click on ‘+ New’ from the bottom menu.
- For ‘Path’, type https://thevpn.guru/ipvanish.apk and click ‘OK’.
- For ‘Name’, input ‘IPVanish’.
- Select ‘Download Now’
- The IPVanish installation file will now begin to download.
- Once the IPVanish apk file is downloaded, click on ‘Open file’ to install it on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Go back to your Fire TV home screen.
- Launch the IPVanish app.
- Sign in and connect to a VPN server of your choice.
Best VPN for Kodi Fire Stick
Illegal or pirated live streams on Kodi have been getting lots of publicity in the last couple of months. Copyright trolls in the UK, USA, Canada, and Australia have been cracking down on such streams. It is always advised to encrypt your traffic and hide your IP address whenever you go online. By using a virtual private network, you can browse the web anonymously. All you have to do is download and install a VPN app and then connect to a VPN server. Once done, your IP address is hidden and you get to take advantage of the following features.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons, such as USTVNow, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, IPVanish is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2017 below.
How to Install IPVanish on Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV
Setting IPVanish on your Fire Stick doesn’t differ much from installing any other app on Amazon Fire TV. Just in case you do run into any issues, simply leave a comment below and I’ll do my best to help you out.