Roku owners have a bit of an advantage when it comes to streaming services as the device offers thousands of channels. If you want to make the most out of your Roku device, you should get your hands on the best Roku channels like HBO Go and Now. Being outside the US is not a problem because we’re going to explain to you how you can watch HBO on Roku outside the USA with the help of two devices.
How to Watch HBO on Roku outside USA
Unblock HBO on Roku outside the USA
Having HBO Go or Now at your fingertips is like winning the entertainment lottery. You would be out of your mind if you don’t get HBO on your Roku. With HBO, you can watch big premieres as they air as well as every episode of HBO’s addictive series. Besides having new movies to watch on a weekly basis, you get to receive news, comedy specials, smart talk shows, thought-provoking documentaries, and the special events on any device of your choosing. Unfortunately, HBO is only accessible in the U.S. and specific U.S. territories. This means that you can’t access HBO anywhere outside the US, not unless you have a VPN service provider.
A VPN creates a digital tunnel between your device and one of its servers that you have picked out. It reroutes all your data through that tunnel and ends up assigning you the same IP address as the server- located in the country you want to be in. As a result, you appear to be using the internet from that country, not your actual one. This way, you get to bypass all sorts of geo-restrictions and access the content you had set your eyes on.
A lot can be done with a VPN service provider, you just have to pick the right one. This is probably the single most important piece of advice we can give you. Get a reliable and trustworthy VPN, otherwise, you won’t be able to benefit from the many things a VPN has to offer. With a VPN, you get to explore teh internet beyond what was within your reach. By being connected to one, you get to access the internet without facing any restrictions or blockades. In the process of doing so, you would be encrypting your data and securing your online presence. Add to that, you would be granted a whole new identity and appear to be connecting to the internet from a location different than your own. Allow us to explain further in the section below:
- Ultimate security: The VPN encrypts your data through a private digital tunnel and keeps you out of harm’s way while you’re online.
- Avoid Surveillance: Your Internet Service Provider or government would be able to spy on your online activities.
- Access geo-restricted content: You get to access the content of any country by connecting to a VPN server of your choosing.
- Save money: You no longer have to spend a lot of money on shipping transactions if you use a VPN and spoof your location.
- Speeds up your connection: Your VPN prevents your ISP from throttling your connection.
- Online anonymity: You won’t appear online with your true identity. Instead, a VPN will give you a new one depending on the server you choose.
For the best results, we recommend that you make use of ExpressVPN. This is a comprehensive VPN service that runs an impressive network of servers as well as excellent features. Whatever you plan on doing on your Roku, use ExpressVPN with it. This VPN surely stands out with its superior performance, excellent speeds, and reliability. Now, if ExpressVPN isn’t the provider you’re seeking, you can always look for others like the ones displayed in the table below.
Last Updated 2 Days Ago
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
Smart DNS Proxy Benefits
A Smart DNS might not be as secure as a VPN, but it does shine in other respects. For example, if you’re not a security fanatic, you wouldn’t mind choosing a Smart DNS over a VPN. After all, it is faster than a VPN. It operates in a fast manner because a Smart DNS doesn’t encrypt user data like a VPN does. Instead, it only reroutes the traffic needed to determine your geolocation through one of its designated servers. Plus, it doesn’t change your IP address, and you don’t need any software to run it. You can easily set it up as there is no software to configure. Also, it’s available globally and works with most ISPs. With the assistance of a Smart DNS, you get to access websites from different regions simultaneously, on any device. Here’s what else a Smart DNS has to offer:
- Reasonable Pricing: A Smart DNS offers its services at reasonable and affordable prices, making it more appealing to users.
- Device Compatibility: Not only is a Smart DNS easy to set up, but it’s also compatible on all devices.
- Maintains Speed: When connected to a Smart DNS, your internet connection doesn’t get affected. It won’t go any slower.
- Easy to Use: You don’t have to be a tech genius to use a Smart DNS as it’s very easy to configure.
- Access geo-restricted content: You can access blocked websites from different regions, at the same time, without having to connect to different servers.
Unlocator is by far the best Smart DNS proxy you could possibly own. More than 200 channels can be unblocked with Unlocator. Plus, you can make use of the 7-day free trial offer. Unlocator is a Danish company that puts its clients’ online security above everything else. The company focuses on methods to help people bypass regional restrictions on content. Even though Unlocator doesn’t offer the same protocols as a VPN, it is more than capable of unblocking all kinds of content.
Watch HBO on Roku outside USA – Final Words
Roku provides the easiest way to stream entertainment to your TV through its thousands of available channels. Here’s your chance to gain access to a huge streaming library. Now, you have no excuse to pass on the opportunity of getting HBO Go and HBO Now abroad. You have not one, but two methods in which you can make that happen. Which method are you going to choose? Let us know in the comment section below.