How to Unblock ABC outside the US? ABC is one of the biggest broadcasters in the United States, offering hundreds of titles to stream. Unfortunately, this vast library that ABC offers is only available in the US, courtesy of geo-blocking policies.
Geo-blocking can be frustrating, but we’re here to change that. After reading this guide, you should be able to unblock your favorite TV shows on ABC no matter where you reside.
Watch ABC Anywhere – Quick Steps
To cut it short, the following guide includes easy steps to access the American streaming service ABC outside the United States:
- Subscribe to a VPN service provider.
We highly recommend ExpressVPN. It’s one of the few that were able to unblock the channel abroad.
- Download and install the VPN app.
Clients are available on Android, iOS, PC, Mac, as well as FireStick.
- Activate the VPN software and sign in with your account.
Once in, open the server list.
- Connect to a US server.
This will grant you an American IP address.
- Now, launch ABC’s website or app.
Log in with your TV provider. If you don’t have the app, check the guide below.
- Watch ABC anywhere.
Stream the best on-demand and live content wherever you are.
ABC Anywhere – Full Walkthrough
Streaming ABC outside the US requires the steps above. However, there’s a lot more to learn and we’ve included everything in this in-depth guide:
What You’ll Need
To get ABC abroad, you must first have all of the following:
- US Cable subscription.
- A VPN account.
- ABC-compatible device.
Can I Watch ABC Outside the US?
ABC is one of the biggest channels in the United States, reaching an estimate of 97.72% of all households in the country.
To be exact, ABC is available to 305,347,338 Americans with at least one television set. Unfortunately, these numbers are recorded within US borders.
ABC is not available outside the US and it can determine your location by examining your IP address. If you’re attempting to stream the channel’s content from abroad, it’ll detect your foreign IP and block you almost instantly.
In fact, you’ll only be getting the following error message if you try to watch ABC overseas:
- “Error Code: 403-1; You appear to be outside the United States or its territories.”
- “Error – 403-1:1002 | You Appear to be outside the United States or its territories. Due to the international rights agreements, we only offer this video to viewers located within the United States and its territories.”
- “You appear to be outside the United States or its territories. Due to international rights agreements, we only offer this video to viewers located within the United States and its territories.“
- “Unsupported Area. To enjoy this app, you must be physically located within the United States or its territories, including Puerto Rico, Guam, Saipan, American Samoa, and U.S. Virgin Islands. Code 013 – 0600 – 606.”
- “Unsupported Area. There appears to be a problem with your network location settings. Please contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance. Code 013 – 0600 – 607.”
- “This video is either unavailable or not supported in this browser.”
- “An error occurred during video playback, possibly due to network connectivity or being in a backgrounded browser tab. Please try again.”
It doesn’t stop here. ABC won’t even let you create an account if you’re outside the United States. If you try to do so, this error appears:
- “You are not eligible to sign in or register on this site. Your information has not been collected.”
In order to trick the channel into thinking that you currently reside in the United States, you have to mask your real online location. The steps presented above are all you need to get the job done.
What a VPN Can Do!
As said, if you want to watch “Dancing With The Stars” or “Scandal,” you need to use a Virtual Private Network.
The cybersecurity tool is best for shielding your data while browsing the web. Not to mention that it also hides your IP address and replaces it with one based in the country where the server is located.
This doesn’t only anonymize your internet approach, but it also allows you to access geo-restricted content in the selected region.
A VPN has a lot of benefits and you can make use of all of them with a push of a button:
- It allows you to browse the internet anonymously.
- Protects your data while connected to public networks in a Cafe, airport, or restaurant.
- Helps bypass ISP throttling.
- It helps you get cheaper prices for online products.
Due to the great and easy-to-use VPN apps, their great support, and their speeds, we are vouching for ExpressVPN. If you do use another VPN provider with great results please share.
You can unblock the service outside the USA using these VPN alternatives.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Watch ABC outside US – Smart DNS Proxy?
Smart DNS is a relatively new technology, it emerged as an answer to the many regional and location blocks sites were applying worldwide.
Before Smart DNS users would mostly use VPN. However, a lot of the newer devices do not support VPN “Apple TV, Smart TVs, and Gaming Consoles”, which was another reason why Smart DNS emerged.
Smart DNS is basically a bunch of different technologies that were pre-existent that were put together to provide a new service that was non-existent before.
- Smart DNS only re-routes the relevant geo-aware parts of your traffic, all other traffic is untouched.
- No speed hit, and local channels are unaffected.
- You can watch ABC, American Netflix, BBC Iplayer, and Pluzz in France at the same time. Smart DNS does not lock you down to one location.
- Smart DNS is easy to set up and works on all of your devices, all that is needed is a change of DNS IP “A 1-minute setup that is properly documented in the tutorials offered by the providers”.
We recommended the VPNs above for a reason as they all offer Smart DNS service for free with every subscription. Any of them can help you get ABC outside the US on any device you may be operating.
Not to mention that they also have a 30-day refund policy in case you want to test their service out.
How to Watch ABC on Any Device Outside the US
With a VPN subscription and TV provider account, we can proceed to this comprehensive guide on how to get ABC on any of your devices:
If you want to get the ABC app on your Android mobile, tablet, or TV, this is what you need to do:
- First, download and install your VPN app on your Android device.
- Sign in and connect to a server in the United States.
- Next, change your Google Play Store’s region to the US and get the channel’s app.
- Sign in with your TV provider’s account and start watching.
iOS’ method doesn’t differ much from that of Android. The steps needed are presented below:
- Get the VPN app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Connect to a US server.
- Change your Apple Store’s country to the United States and get the channel.
- Launch the app and log in with your TV Provider’s account.
- Start streaming.
ABC on PC or Mac does not require an app. All you have to do is the following:
- Install the VPN app on your desktop device and connect to a US server.
- Head over to https://abc.com/
- Sign in using your TV provider’s subscription.
- Pick a video and stream away.
Apple TV has become very popular among streamers as it offers dozens of official streaming apps. ABC is one of them and this is how you can get it:
- Set up a US VPN connection on your router or configure Smart DNS on Apple TV.
- Change your Apple TV’s region to the US and get ABC.
- Now, activate the ABC App and sign in.
- Stream the best ABC on-demand and live content wherever you are.
If you’re using Roku, here’s how you can get ABC outside the United States:
- Install the VPN or configure Smart DNS on your router.
- Change your Roku region to the US and download the ABC app.
- Open ABC and sign in.
If you’re abroad, getting the Chromecast ABC app is practically impossible. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t streaming via the device. Here’s what you need to do:
- Install the VPN or configure Smart DNS on your router.
- Download and install the ABC app on your iOS/Android device.
- Open the app and sign in.
- Play your video and hit cast.
- Enjoy ABC on your big screen using Chromecast.
To get ABC on your Samsung Tizen Smart TV, you’ll have to do this:
- Install the VPN on your router or configure Smart DNS on your Samsung TV.
- Change your Samsung TV’s region to the US and get ABC.
- Activate the ABC app and sign in.
- Start watching ABC wherever you are.
On Fire Stick, getting ABC requires the following steps:
- Install the VPN on your Fire TV and connect to a US server.
- Change your Amazon Account’s region to American and download ABC.
- If you consider this a hard task, you can directly sideload ABC to your FireStick.
- Now, sign in with your TV provider and watch ABC wherever you may be.
Watch ABC Anywhere – FAQ
Do you have more questions? You can find most of our readers’ inquiries in the section below, along with the answers you’re seeking:
Do I Need an Account to Stream ABC?
No. Once you sign in with your TV Cable subscription, you can watch anything on ABC. However, an account gives you extra privileges such as saving your favorites and continuing from where you left off.
Do I Need to Subscribe to ABC?
No. All you need is a valid cable subscription to watch ABC.
Can I Create an ABC account from Abroad?
Unfortunately, even creating an account is not allowed from overseas.
Why Can’t I Find the ABC Go App?
As of now, ABC Go is not operational. Instead, the ABC app is the tool to stream your shows and programs on your devices.
Can I Sign in with My ESPN+ email?
Yes. If you already have a valid account with ESPN or Disney+, you can use the email to sign in to ABC. However, that doesn’t mean that you can stream the content without a TV provider.
Once you sign in with your TV provider, you can stream programs such as:
- Celebrity Family Feud
- The Chase
- The Hustler
- Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Match Game
- The View
- Grey’s Anatomy
- The Bachelorette
- The Good Doctor
- The Rookie
- Station 19
- American Idol
- The Goldbergs
- Agents of Shield
What Devices Can I Stream ABC on?
You can watch ABC on the following platforms:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
Watch ABC outside the USA – Unblock with Smart DNS or VPN
There you have it. No matter where you may be residing, ABC is all yours for the taking if you follow this guide carefully.
Now, tell us, are enjoying your new streaming platform? How amazing are ABC’s shows? Let us know in the comment section below.