What are the best addons to watch live football on Kodi in 2018? Kodi has become the go-to interface when it comes to streaming football games from the Champions League, Serie A, or La Liga. The problem is that you need to find the top official Kodi addons to watch these soccer games live on your Amazon FireStick, PC, Mac, OSMC, or Android device. In our latest review guide, we take a look at the best football Kodi addon in 2018. Learn how to stream football live on Kodi.
Best Football Kodi Addons 2018 – Watch Live Liga, Serie A, UCL
Unblock More Content – Use VPN with Kodi
Most official sports Kodi addons only work in certain regions such as USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want you have to spoof you location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons, such as USTVNow, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, IPVanish is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2017 below.
How to Install Football Addons on Kodi – NBCSN Plugin
In order to watch NBC Sports Live Extra on Kodi, follow these instructions.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Click on NBC Sports Live Extra -> Install.
- Wait until you see NBC Sports Live Extra Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including NBCSN, will appear here.
- The first time you launch the NBC Sports Live Extra addon, you will be provided with an activation code that you will need to enter at https://activate.nbcsports.com/
Alternatively, you could download the official NBCSN add-on from here, and then set it up by clicking on ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Install from repository’.
How to Watch Football Live on Kodi – Eurosport Player Addon
If you have installed the new Kodi build, Krypton 17.4, follow these steps to setup the Eurosport Player Kodi addon.
- First, download the KodiNerds.net zip file from here.
- Launch Kodi and click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
- Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
- When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.
- From the Kodi home screen, select Addons -> My Addons.
- Scroll down and click on Videoplayer InputStream.
- Make sure that both InputStream Adaptive and RTMP Input are enabled.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen, select ‘Addons’ and click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Choose ‘Install from Zip file’ and locate the Zip file you had downloaded earlier. It should be called repository.kodinerds-6.0.0.zip.
- Wait until you see the add-on enabled notification.
- Now, select Install from repository.
- Choose KodiNerds.net Addons -> Video Addons.
- Select Eurosport Player and install it.
- From the Kodi home screen, choose ‘Videos’ -> ‘Addons’ -> Eurosport Player.
Best Football Kodi Addons in 2018
Here’s our list of top Kodi addons to watch live football.
- Fox Sports Go
- Eurosport Player
- NFL Game Pass (American football)
- iPlayer WWW
Best Addons for Football on Kodi 17.6 Krypton
So, whether its the Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Champions League, or La Liga you want to watch on Kodi, the addons listed above will deliver. Are you aware of any other addons that should be on our list of best football addons for Kodi in 2018? Share your thoughts below.