How to UK TV channels on Kodi for free? Kodi is a great source to stream movies, TV shows, and live streams from all around the world. That is as long as you know which add-ons to install. In this tutorial, I will show you how to install Kodi addons to watch British TV on your PC, Mac, Android, or Fire TV Stick. Thus, you will get to watch UK TV Kodi channels on Kodi.
How to Watch UK TV Kodi Channels Free Live?
Best Live TV Kodi Addons – Use VPN
Depending on the region you are living in, some of the Live TV Kodi addons listed above might be geoblocked. That means you cannot watch live US, UK, Canadian, German, or Australian TV channels via Kodi due to regional restrictions. In other countries, using these Kodi addons might be illegal. As a result, your ISP might send you a copyright infringement notice directly to your email. Luckily, there is a workaround that allows you to bypass geographic restrictions as well as protect your privacy while using Kodi.
VPN, or virtual private network, basically is a tool that allows you to hide your IP address and encrypt all of your Internet traffic. The biggest benefits of using VPN are as follows.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions such as FreeView, BBC iPlayer, Channel 4, and ITV addons. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Your ISP will not be able to see what sites you visit, files you download, or videos you stream.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection. VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick make the whole process fairly simple.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Simply sign up with IPVanish. Then download their app to the same device you use Kodi on. Finally, launch the app, sign in, and connect to a VPN server of your choice. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2017.
Last Updated Today
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Watch UK TV Kodi Channels?
There are many Kodi addons you can use to watch UK TV channels for free. However, some of them work better than others. BBC iPlayer and ITV addon probably are the best, and most stable I have used. Follow these steps to stream live British TV on your Kodi app.
- First, launch your Kodi app.
- From the Kodi homescreen, go to Add-ons -> Add-on browser.
- Now, click on Install from repository.
- Choose Kodi Add-on repository -> Video add-ons -> iPlayer WWW
- Then, click on Install
- Wait a few seconds for the Add-on enabled notification to appear.
- You have successfully installed BBC iPlayer on Kodi 17 Krypton.
Best UK TV Addons for Kodi
Here are some examples of unofficial TV Kodi addons a quick Google search would reveal.
Useful Additional Guides
How to Watch UK TV Kodi Channel Live For Free?
Have you tried any other UK Kodi addons besides the ones listed above? Do you think there are better alternatives to watch free live UK channels on Kodi out there? Let us know by leaving a comment below. As always, make sure you’re using VPN with Kodi to protect your privacy.