CBS All Access took a solid stand for around 7 years, but now, the company decided it’s time for a full rebrand… Enter Paramount Plus. The new streaming service has all sorts of content to stream on almost every single device out there. Subscribers get to watch titles from Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, BET, and of course, live CBS and CBS Sports streams. The channel is available in several countries, but the rest of the world lacks this privilege. That’s not a big deal, actually, as this guide was created to solve this issue. With that said, here’s how you can watch Paramount Plus anywhere.
CBS All Access No More – Enter Paramount Plus
CBS All access had a long, successful run in the United States, harnessing more than 8 million subscribers as of November 8th, 2020. In fact, the number has grown this much due to the fact that it was the official host of the 2021 Super Bowl.
Now, ViacomCBS’s subscription-based streaming service has been rebranded to Paramount+ back on March 4th, 2021, following the 2019 re-merger of CBS and Viacom. What does that mean for the already-existing subscribers?
Well, that means new content and more variety as their account will still be completely functional. CBS All Access subscribers will be shifted to the new rebranded channels; nothing will be lost in the process.
Paramount+ will host more than 30,000 episodes of TV and 2,500 movies, plus 36 original series arriving this year. It’s going to be the home of series like Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Picard, but it definitely won’t stop here.
Each streaming service nowadays has its own benefits to offer. Paramount+ combines everything. There’s live TV streaming, kids shows, original shows, and most importantly, like HBO Max, it’ll have major movie releases.
As for pricing, Paramount Plus will share the same plans CBS All Access did:
- Limited Commercials: $5.99/Month, $59.99/Year
- Commercial-Free: $9.99/Month, $99.99/Year.
If anyone is a fan of saving up, opting for annual subscriptions will give them over 15% OFF the monthly price. The subscription plans are similar. However, what differs here is the free trial. With CBS All Access, all the new users got was a 7-day free trial. Paramount+ raised the bar, extending that duration to 30 days.
In other words, new subscribers will be getting a monthly subscription, along with an extra free month, which is a huge benefit, considering the amount of content on the table.
The free trial isn’t the only enhanced property Paramount+ has over CBS All Access. In fact, All Access was only available in the United States, blocking anyone living abroad, courtesy of geo-blocking.
Paramount Plus expanded its coverage area a bit more, giving access to countries CBS All Access couldn’t get in its 7-year run. At first, Paramount+ will be made available in the US and Latin America on the day of the service’s rebranding.
After that, and exactly on March 25th, 2021, Nordic countries will have the privilege of watching the new channel’s content. A few months later, ViacomCBS’s subscription-based streaming service will go all the way to the Land Down Under, where Australians can enjoy some premium American content.
So, what about the others? What about Australians that can’t get a hold of the channel due to its delay in release? Just like All Access and other streaming services, Paramount+ also applies geo-blocking, where it uses geolocation techniques to pinpoint where its users are located.
With this information, it can block anyone outside its area of coverage from watching its programs.
There are three types of messages users will get. Here they are:
- 1st Message: 404. Sorry to interrupt your programming… but this page you’re looking for doesn’t exist. You’ll be redirected to our homepage in 1 second, or you can browse your favorite shows now.
- 2nd Message: The new Paramount+, home to the world’s favorite stars, stories, and brands, is coming soon. Get ready to experience a diverse collection of new originals, exclusive shows, and blockbuster movies at an exceptional value.
- 3rd Message (App Error): Paramount+ is not yet available in this country. We are currently adding new countries. Please check back soon.
The second message states that the service is coming soon, but the problem is that the country we tried to access the channel from isn’t mentioned on Paramount Plus’ website.
Now, while Paramount has all the tools to block outsiders, we’re here to prove it wrong. With a simple technique, everyone who goes through this guide will be able to stream Paramount+ wherever he/she may be.
Paramount Plus – Restricted No More
As mentioned, Paramount+, like CBS All Access, Amazon Prime, and Netflix restrict their content to certain regions. One more method to change your region is VPN.
A Virtual Private Network re-routes the users’ whole traffic through servers located in the USA or any other country they choose. All they have to do is connect to the right server, and the VPN will do the rest of the job by granting them a temporary IP address in the country where the server is located.
As a result, when the user approaches the channel again, it’ll take on the impression of him/her being a visitor from within its area of coverage, granting them complete access to its service.
Aside from that, a VPN is a cybersecurity tool that encrypts users’ data to protect them from all sorts of online threats. Not to mention that it grants them total anonymity while browsing the web.
Paramount+ Anywhere – The Steps
Now that we explained what a VPN is and does, here’s what everyone needs to do in order to get Paramount+ in their country:
- First, sign up with a reputable VPN provider. We highly recommend ExpressVPN as it’s one of the tops in the industry.
- Next, download their application and install it on your device. You’ll find that it’s compatible with the likes of Android, iOS, PC, Mac, as well as Fire Stick.
- Now, activate the app and sign in with your newly created account.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Launch Paramount Plus’ website or application.
- Watch Paramount Plus wherever you may be.
There are virtually hundreds of VPN providers online. When comparing different VPN providers, make sure the one you choose offers unlimited bandwidth and high-speed streaming. We’re currently ranking ExpressVPN as the top choice, but that doesn’t mean it’s your only one.
Based on a thorough evaluation process, we’ve rounded up 4 of the best VPNs to use with Paramount+. Check them out in the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
A VPN Alternative – Smart DNS
Smart DNS enables anyone to bypass all sorts of geographic restrictions. This makes it possible to visit any blocked site and access streaming services from around the world.
Smart DNS intercepts the necessary data that verifies the users’ location when they access geo-blocked sites. Therefore, Paramount+ will be tricked into thinking they’re accessing it from inside the USA. Smart DNS capabilities can be summed up as followed.
- Smart DNS does not modify users’ local IP addresses. This means their access to Now TV in UK or CBC in Canada will not be revoked.
- No data encryption means that Smart DNS does not influence or slow down the Internet speed.
- Smart DNS works on all platforms. iPhone, iPad, Android, Xbox, Playstation, Fire Stick, Apple TV, Windows PC, Smart TVs, and Mac are all compatible with Smart DNS.
- Smart DNS is severely hindered by ISP policies such as DNS hijacking or Transparent Proxies.
- No additional software is needed for setting up a device with Smart DNS.
Paramount+ is a new on-demand service. Make sure that the Smart DNS service you want to subscribe to has Paramount+ in its list of unblocked channels.
All of the VPNs in the table presented above offer Smart DNS for free. However, Unlocator is the only one that provides this technology as a standalone subscription.
If security is not what you’re looking for, you can save up a couple of pennies and opt for the Smart DNS Plan alone. Moreover, Unlocator has a 7-day free trial, allowing new customers to test their service out, risk-free, using no credit card information whatsoever.
Paramount Plus – Compatible Devices
Paramount+ is currently available on streaming devices listed below. As you can see, the channel is trying its best to expand its reach to every single screen available in a single household:
- Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Vizio TVs
- LG TVs
- Portal TV
- Samsung smart TVs
- Xfinity Flex
You can see why Smart DNS is a pretty crucial option here. VPNs are not natively compatible with most of the devices listed above. However, you can configure Smart DNS on almost all of them.
What’s on Paramount Plus?
As mentioned, Paramount+ will have over 30,000 episodes of TV and 2,500 movies, along with 36 original series arriving this year. So, you know you’ll be getting a lot for $5.99/month. What are the shows to expect? Check the list below:
- Star Trek: Discovery
- The Good Fight
- Star Trek: Picard
- The Stand
- Why Women Kill
- Tell Me a Story
- Strange Angel
- No Activity
- The Twilight Zone
- One Dollar
Aside from the shows above, Paramount+ will host the world’s top sporting events, including:
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Europa League
- THE NFL
- The Masters
- The PGA Championship
- National Women’s Soccer League
- NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship
- PGA TOUR
Watch Paramount Plus Anywhere – Final Words
That’s mostly all you need to know about unblocking Paramount+ anywhere. Using Smart DNS and VPN gives you the freedom to access geo-blocked content whenever and wherever you want.
If you face any issues while setting up your device with either Smart DNS or VPN, please leave a comment. We’ll do our best to help you out.