How to stream movies on Kodi for free? Kodi is a great multimedia entertainment center. It allows you to watch movies, TV shows, and even live channels from anywhere in the world. In order to get the most out of your Kodi, you have to install official Kodi movie addons such as Crackler, PS Vue, iPlayer WWW, ITV, or Popcornflix. In this guide, I will show you how to install these official plugins and stream movies on Kodi in HD. The tutorial below works on any Kodi-enabled device including PC, Mac, Android, FireStick, Chromecast, Nvidia Shield, and Raspberry Pi. Here are the best addons for watching movies on Kodi.
How to Watch Movies on Kodi for Free?
Unblock More Content – Use VPN
Many Kodi addons only work in certain regions such as USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want you have to spoof your location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2017. For an in-depth guide of each of these services, see this review.
Last Updated Yesterday
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Watch Movies on Kodi – Best Official Movie Addons
The list below includes the best movie add-ons you can install on Kodi to watch movies on Kodi 17.4 Krypton. All of these plugins can be found in the official Kodi Add-on repository. That means they’re both legal and safe to use.
Top Kodi Movie Addons
How to Watch Movies on Kodi 17 Krypton
Follow the steps below to install Crackler on Kodi 17 Krypton. Subsequently, you will be able to stream free movies on Kodi.
- Head over to the Crackle website and create your free account if you don’t already have one.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Addons.
- Click on Crackler -> Install.
- Wait until you see the Crackler Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including Crackler, will appear here.
- Launch the Crackler add-on and watch free movies and TV shows on Kodi.
How to Install Kodi 17 Krypton?
In case you are a Kodi-newbie, use the guides below to install the Kodi 17 app on your preferred streaming device.
Is Kodi Legal and Safe to Use?
I have covered the legal issues concerning Kodi in detail. In short, if you don’t want to get into legal trouble, and stay on the safe side, you either need to use official Kodi plugins or watch movies and TV shows via Kodi anonymously. The only way to achieve that is by using a virtual private network a.k.a VPN.
How to Stream Movies on Kodi? The Wrap-Up
So, install the Kodi app if you haven’t already done that. Then, setup any of the official add-ons we have suggested above. Finally, watch movies on Kodi for free. Remember not to leave your privacy exposed when using third-party add-ons. Make sure you are always connected to a VPN server to keep what you are doing online to yourself. Just in case you need further help with setting it all up, leave a comment below.