Whether it’s American football, soccer, basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, car racing, or any other sports event, you can watch any of it live with Kodi. This open-source and completely customizable software allows users to install addons for their greater entertainment. So, if you want to stream live sporting events on Kodi, specifically Kodi 17 Krypton, you’ll have to dig into the guide below.
How to Watch Live Sports on Kodi 17?
The following article will provide you with a list of all the legal sports Kodi add-ons. I’ve also taken the time to write the steps that explain how you can install these top Kodi 17 sports add-ons on a wide range of devices: Android, PC, Mac, FireStick, Nvidia Shield TV, or Chromecast.
Best Live Sports Kodi Addons – Use VPN
Most of the live sports Kodi add-ons listed below might be geo-blocked. It all depends on your physical location and where you are connecting to the internet. Due to geo-restrictions, you might not be able to stream live football, tennis, basketball, golf, baseball, or hockey using Kodi.
Making use of unofficial Kodi add-ons may be illegal in some countries, whereas it might not be a problem in others. However, in the countries where it is an actual problem, your ISP will send you a copyright infringement notice via email as a consequence of using unofficial add-ons.
Luckily, there is a workaround that allows you to bypass geographic restrictions as well as protect your privacy while using Kodi. If you use a VPN or virtual private network, you are given the opportunity to mask your IP address as well as encrypt your online traffic. Here are the biggest benefits to a VPN:
- A VPN can unblock geo-blocked Kodi add-ons, enabling you to watch channels like Hulu, HBO GO, Netflix, BT Sport, BeIN Sports, Sky Sport, and NBC Sports overseas.
- As long as you are connected to a VPN, all of your traffic remains protected and encrypted.
- Neither your ISP nor anyone else can see what you are doing online whether you are streaming live sports event, watching movies, or downloading torrents.
The VPN you sign up for must offer unlimited bandwidth with no data caps. Otherwise, the whole streaming experience would be interrupted, and you won’t be able to watch live sports on Kodi. If you fail to pick a robust provider with speedy servers that are optimized for streaming, you will suffer lagging and buffering while watching live sports using Kodi addons.
Best VPN to Unblock Kodi-Add-ons
Undoubtedly, ExpressVPN is the best provider you could use with Kodi to watch live sporting events. The reasons why this VPN is a perfect fit are:
- The company has optimized its VPN servers to ensure fast streaming with Kodi.
- Minimal effort and time are required when trying to install a VPN app.
- You get to install the company’s app on any of your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android
- With ExpressVPN, you get to maintain your privacy and spoof your online location.
You can find some of the best Kodi VPN providers in the table below:
Last Updated Today
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
Top Live Sports Kodi Add-ons in 2019
Check out some of the best add-ons that you can use to watch live sports on Kodi plugins.
- Fox Sports Go
- Eurosport Player
- NFL GamePass
- NBA League Pass
- BT Sport Video
- SportsNet Now
- Zattoo Box
How to Watch Live Sports on Kodi 17 Krypton
If you scroll down below, you will find detailed instructions on how you can install the NBC Sports Kodi add-on. Once you’re through with the installation process, you get to watch the biggest events in sports on your current “Kodi-enabled device”.
- Firstly, activate the Kodi app.
- Head on over to ‘Addons’.
- Now, click on the Package Installer Icon, which you can find at the top of the left corner.
- Select ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Addons.
- Locate NBC Sports Live Extra or other video add-ons you want to get -> Install.
- You’ll be able to see the NBC Sports Live Extra Addon Enabled notification.
- From Kodi’s home screen select the ‘Addons’ tab.
- Now, select Video Addons.
- Every video addon you install will show up right here.
Keep in mind that the first time you open the NBC Sports Live Extra addon, you will receive an activation code. You will use this same code when accessing https://activate.nbcsports.com/.
Another method requires you to download the official NBCSN add-on. After downloading the addon and instead of selecting ‘Install from repository’, you click on ‘Install from Zip File’ to complete the setup process.
How to Stream Live Sports on Kodi 16.1 Jarvis
If you are still using an older Kodi build for whatever reason, use this guide to watch live sports on Kodi.
- Launch Kodi and go to ‘Videos’ -> ‘Add-ons’.
- Select ‘Get More.’
- Scroll down all the way until you locate ‘NHL GameCenter’.
- Click on it -> Choose ‘Install’.
- Wait for the ‘NHL GameCenter Add-on enabled’ notification to appear.
- Go back to the Kodi home screen.
- Select ‘Videos’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> NHL GameCenter.
- Watch NHL on Kodi.
How to Install Kodi 17 Krypton
In case you have not yet set up the Kodi app itself, you can follow the instructions below.
How to Stream Live Sports on Kodi – Wrap Up
This is basically everything you need to know about watching live sports using the best live sports Kodi addons. If you are really concerned about your online privacy and want to remain safe when browsing the web, you better have a VPN installed on the device you use when streaming live sports on Kodi.
Rest assured, you’ll get the online security and privacy you seek the moment you connect to a VPN server. Let us know in the comment section below your thoughts on using VPNs for Kodi add-ons.